The goal of the Peer Tutoring Program is to provide one-on-one or small group attention that is not often possible in the classroom to students in grades 9-12. Our student tutors are a select group that are more than willing to help their fellow peers. Our Peer Tutors are selected by collaborating with their respective teachers to ensure that they are:
- High achieving
- Positive role models
- Possess the ability to work well with others
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Tutor, or are in need of peer tutoring yourself, please contact Ms. Minarovich or Ms. Cohen. Those who are selected to be a Peer Tutor will receive in-school community service hours for their time in helping their fellow peers.
Thank you for your interest in joining our Peer Tutoring Program!
One Step Forward
One Step Forward is a program run by three seniors here at the Academies@Englewood. This program:
- Gives students the opportunity to learn
- Improves students chances of getting into college
- Raises test scores, grades, and overall high school performance for students of Englewood and those of neighboring towns
- Offers classes on Saturdays!!!
The goal of One Step Forward is to teach students of any background how to test, learn, and thrive in any type of learning environment available to them. The program gives students the tools they need to succeed and inspires them to learn more. Check out their page for more information!