Financial aid is necessary for many students who plan on attending college after graduating from high school. But how do you go about obtaining financial aid? The following links will take you to various websites that will answer many of your questions and concerns! But first be sure to visit the following website first. It explains what exactly financial aid is and how to avoid deceptive private student loan offers:
Financial aid for international students
financial aid calculators
css/financial aid profile
Welcome to PROFILE! By filling out one form, you can apply online for non-federal financial aid from almost 300 colleges and scholarship programs. Click here to access the PROFILE.
- Only specific schools require the CSS Profile. Be sure that the schools you are applying to require the form before you complete and submit it
- Interactive Presentation: Tips to Help You Apply for CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- Timeline for Applying
what is the profile and how do i access it?
- It is an online application for student financial aid
- Visit your college board account and sign in using your exam registration
- Your profile is a non-federal student aid
how to apply and what documents are needed?
- Complete application
- Need parents' tax returns, W-2 form, and bank statements
- You do NOT need to complete the application in one sitting
- Once the information is submitted, changes can NOT be made
- Valid credit/debit card is required
- Fee waivers are available for low-income students (Granted immediately after submission)
- Information is processed and reported immediately after submission
free financial aid assistance
Need help completing your FAFSA? The Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) offers FREE assistance in English and Spanish by trained financial aid counselors. Please call 1-800-792-8670 to speak with a financial aid counselor. You can also visit their website by clicking here. www.HESAA.org.